Register now and join the DOS Gamer community - Its FREE!!!   To register please click here...

WHATS NEW? | GAMES | APPS | FORUM | UPLOAD | FAQ | CONTACT
  Sign In
Username:
Password:
Register Now
Lost Pwd?
Games
Search:                                    VB Code  Free fonts

All DOS Games
Action Games
Adult Games
Adventure Games
Card Games
Chess Games
Compilation Games
Card Games
Educational Games
Fighting Games
IF Games
Puzzle Games
Racing Games
RPG Games
Simulation Games
Sport Games
Strategy Games
Trivia Games
War Games
Windows Games
Uncategorised
Random Game
Top 50 DOS Games
Trending Games
Request A Game
Browse By Letter
A B C D E
F G H I J K
L M N O P
Q R S T U
V W X Y Z
Browse By Number
0 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9
Applications
DOS Games FAQ

DOS System

Home · Groups · General DOS Gaming · DOS System

DOS Gamer Group Message

tenno2000 2
DOS Gamer Newbie
Location: Malaysia
Member Since: 2nd Mar 2007

Posted - Friday, 9th February 2007 - 18:19

I'm interested in building a system to install MS-DOS on, and I'm wondering how powerful I need to make it. My goal is to build a machine capable of playing the majority of the DOS games out there. I'm thinking of going with a Pentium 1 200mHz with 128 megs of RAM, a Soundblaster AWE64 (I may also add a Roland for fun), and most likely a Diamond Stealth graphics card (which is something I have laying around). What I'm wondering is, is this system going to be able to achieve my goal? It's been a long time since I did any real DOS gaming, and even then, I generally did it through Windows 95, so my knowledge of system requirements is kind of skewed. I also don't want to make an overpowered system - though it may be cheap to do so, there's no point in adding 128 megs of RAM if I only need 64 (or whatever).

So...does anyone have any views on this? I thought about just going the laptop route, as there are plenty on eBay that fit the bill and are extremely cheap, but I'm worried about CD-ROM drivers, com ports, etc., but now I'm thinking that I can probably just build a system with spare parts I have laying around and a few eBay purchases.

Thanks!

Reply to DOS System

You need to log in to post a reply.

Your IP: 18.119.126.80 (US) |   1596 users online

^ Top | About | Disclaimer | Terms | Privacy | Cookies | DMCA | Contact
Copyright © 1999-2024 dosgamer.com All Rights Reserved.